Senior Physics AAA PC/Console Games Programmer Scotland – REF 2646
Our client is a well-established AAA PC/Console games studio on the lookout for a skilled Physics Programmer that is enthusiastic about pushing the boundaries of physics and collision systems to collaborate with their dynamic team in the scenic city of Edinburgh, Scotland.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with design, animation, and AI departments to implement advanced game features
- Maintain and enhance existing vehicle systems to accommodate new features during project development
- Partner with artists to develop interactive objects and vehicles for the game
Who you are:
- A degree in a relevant discipline computer science, mathematics, physics etc.
- Experience in C/C++ and game programming for at least five years
- Solid understanding of Newtonian mechanics, mathematical ideas, and rigid and multi-body simulation
- Expertise in debugging C++ code and multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of physics engines as well as vehicle dynamics (plus)
- Competitive salary
- Involvement in cutting-edge, large-scale entertainment projects
- Friendly and inclusive environment promoting continuous learning
- Unique studio location at the heart of a vibrant city
- Great private health insurance and pension system
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2646.
Big Planet is an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.