C++ Systems Engineer FPS UK - REF 1969
This well-known multiplayer FPS is looking for a talented C++ Systems Programmer who is keen to make their mark on their pillar franchises. This role is based at our Studio in London.
What will you do?
- Integration of third party physics, entity component system, scripting and other lower-level game systems
- Write clear, maintainable, performant and portable code
- Work closely with other central technology teams and our multiple game teams you will gather requirements, design and build systems to support multiple projects
- As part of this team, you will work alongside graphics, tools, and infrastructure teams to deliver performance critical engine systems to our game teams
- You will bring experience to contribute ideas to drive the future transformation of our core tech into an internal software as a service model focusing on scalability, memory usage and performance
- Monitor, maintain and optimise game performance
What skills do I need?
- Excellent C++
- Significant systems development for modern and next generation consoles e.g. IO rendering, content pipelines, memory managment etc
- Strong analytical and maths
- A problem-solver and excellent communicator
- Confident working with multiple disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms common to game AI, such as finite state machines, agent systems, pathfinding, etc
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Experience developing and maintaining low-level systems and libraries, such as serialization, memory management, and reflection as well as profiling and optimising CPU, GPU, memory management
Profit sharing, good holiday package, private medical, dental and pension.
To apply pls forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 1969.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.