C++ Online Programmer Games Paris Ref: 2588
We are working with a well-respected outsourcing games studio based in Paris looking for a C++ Online Programmer to work on their latest AAA console project using Unreal engine. This role is offered onsite at the studio and open to worldwide candidates.
What will you do?
- Designing and implementing systems and tools that support the networking needs of the game
- Creating architecture and applications for multiplayer online features
- Testing existing systems and propose new systems and features implementations whenever is cost-effective
- Testing, debugging, profiling, and optimizing implementations
- Creating design documentation according to quality standards
- Participate in code review
What skills do you need?
- 3+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- Released title under your belt for PC or console
- Experience in developing advanced server architecture and applications for online console or PC video games
- Good understanding of client-server methodology, scalability, and security considerations
- Good understanding of Internet and network architectures with bandwidth considerations
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of any project management and bug tracking software
- Strong verbal and written English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Game Development or similar
- Project methodologies e.g. JIRA, Agile, Scrum
- Version control software e.g. Git
- Experience working on consoles
- Unreal Engine 4 knowledge
- Relocation package
- Good work life balance
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment
- Work in a creative team
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting reference number 2588.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.