C/C++ Lead Tools Programmer Games South of England: REF 2581
We are working with a AAA studio based based in South of England, looking for a C/C++ Lead Tools Programmer to join their team. This role is offered on-site at their studio or remote based in England. This role is open to worldwide candidates.
What will you do?
- Daily management of Development Tools Team
- Work with both programmers and game designers to assess the needs for tools
- Translate these into ergonomic, intelligible tool designs, which are consistent with the game’s vision
- Gather feedback from the team and continuously maintain, improve and debugg tools
- Manage and mentor the team of tools programmers
What skills do you need?
- 7+ years professional experience working in a similar role with at least one game title as lead
- Strong C and C++ skills with the ability to write readable/maintainable code
- Effective in assessment of where to invest and produce value across the studio
- Professional programming experience working as a Tools programmer within games (or related)
- Ability to research latest advances in technology in best practice
- Scripting languages e.g. Python
- Effective team working, strong comms and working to deadlines
- People management experience nice to have
- Experience leading teams working in a remote capacity a bonus
- Central office location
- Excellent renumeration package plus bonus
- No crunch
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 2581.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant