Part Remote Senior C++ Gameplay Programmer AAA UK - REF 2401
We are working with an established AAA games studio. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects. We are currently looking for an accomplished and self-motivated Senior C++ Gameplay Programmer to join our team on an unannounced AAA game. The role is available for multiple studio locations based in the UK including the Midlands and the North East of England. A Senior Gameplay Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code, and is happy to turn their hand to any task required.
What will you do?
• Mentors and trains code team, passing on experience and expertise, and leads by example
• Helps to develop technical design specifications and is able to implement them
• Estimates tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule
• Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code
• Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product
• Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project
• Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality
What skills do you need?
- Proficient in C/C++ Professional experience working in the video games industry
- 5+ years’ experience in the games industry as a programmer
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted C++ code
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced programmers. Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Experience in console or mobile programming
- Worked on at least one shipped game
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising in conjunction with the code team
- Able to design and create complex systems from start to finish, formulating and realising creative solutions to novel problems
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently. A professional can do attitude and a strong team player
Excellent holiday, competitive pay, hybrid work scheme incl. 4 days remote and one onsite per week, mental health awareness, relocation support, innovative AAA project…
To apply pls forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2401.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.