Lead C++ Rendering Coder Games UK - Ref 1951
Do you want to work in a game hub with some of the best coders in the industry?We are a world renowned racing studio located in the Midlands bringing console/PC game development together. We’re looking for a Lead C++ Rendering Programmer to work on one of our pillar titles. You will have the opportunity to work with our in-house C++ engine, as well as a superbly skilled team.
Have you ever dreamed of leading the graphics programming team in a full-scale AAA game project?
What will you do?
- Work closely in a multidisciplinary collaborative group with other tech leads and directors, creative teams and artists to overcome technical obstacles and make the artistic vision of the game come to life
- Own both the high-level rendering pipeline
- Create objectives and quality standards for the graphics programming team
- Train and mentor your team members to support their continuous learning and development
What skills do you need?
- Extensive C++
- Strong understanding of 3D rendering algorithms, geometry and related mathematics
- Credited with a released title (preferably on PC/Console)
- Solid debugging skills including the ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Parallel programming
- A problem solver – work closely with other disciplines to solve complex issues
- Experience with performance tools
- Independent work that can motivate others
- Excellent communicator
- Writing shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Demonstrated leadership skills or strong motivation and potential to grow into a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Game Development or similar
- AAA experience is beneficial but not required
- Competitive pay
- Bonus scheme
- Career progression
- Studio located in a games hub
- Great work-life balance
Does this sound like you? Then pls apply to email@example.com quoting reference 1951.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.