C++ Senior Rendering Programmer AAA UK - REF 2352
This AAA FPS studio based in the SE of England is looking for a C++ Senior Rendering Programmer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games with next-gen graphics running on PC and console devices. This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects’ development and work to push the limits of the latest hardware. This role is onsite.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of areas of the game and will be actively involved in working with other disciplines leads in setting standards and defining budgets. You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable, most entertaining and visually best-looking game possible.
As a candidate for the senior graphics programmer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, with broad experience working across a wide variety of systems, rendering pipeline, shaders and optimizations for different devices.
Importantly you must also be self-motivated, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard. Subject to experience, the role may also involve being responsible for the day to day management of members of the graphics programming team, and as such you will be expected to show leadership, contribute ideas, identify project-wide risks and be a keen problem solver. You will also need a genuine passion for games.
What skills do you need?
- Graphics systems architecture
- Excellent C++
- Write, maintain, optimise, bug free code in C++
- Rendering programming prototyping and development
- Unreal engine experience
- Implementing shaders and optimizing graphics
- Strong maths skills
- Ensuring a smooth user experience through all parts of the game.
- Maintaining code and feature quality and stability
- Memory and frame-rate profiling and optimisation for CPU, GPU, memory, and bandwidth usage
- Mentoring and/or managing other members of the programming team
- 5+ years of professional experience working in games development in a similar role
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ released games
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies
- Experience of game programming with a focus on rendering & graphics related work
- Prototyping and rapid iteration of features
- Mentoring and training of junior members of the rendering team
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, medical and dental, relocation package for non-UK residents.
To apply pls forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2352.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.