Remote Senior Backend Programmer F2P Games UK - REP 2338
You love to be the expert and idea generator of your domain. You enjoy diving in and investigating code libraries, scripting languages, and game engine technologies. Your game development experience combined with your innately curious nature will help to evolve the way these games are developed and enjoyed. You will want to maintain what is working well while thinking ahead to enhance and improve its backend services. This role is fully remote and open to people working in the UK, Europe and India.
If you’re a senior level backend server programmer with a deep understanding of programming principles – and happy to work for a F2P mobile start up – we would love to hear from you. If you’re already have 2+ years working in Python, you’ll be ahead of the game.
What will you do?
- Developing a deep and nuanced understanding of the existing game server/engine and its unique interplay with other departments.
- Back end programming defining new tasks as well as completing scheduled
- Work closely with the TD to plan and develop and be responsible for highly scalable backend solutions
- Implement, deploy and maintain highly-scalable backends for purchases in multiplayer games
- Implement CI/CD solutions
- Researching, innovating and developing new game related technology.
- Applying the best of your experience working with custom game engines and/or modifying industry standard game engines (Unity) for multiplayers to proactively make our game technology faster, leaner and easier to maintain.
- Leading collaborative technical discussions with team members to identify the best solutions to defined challenges.
- Contributing to overall project strategy by putting forward ideas and providing honest and helpful perspectives on the ideas of others.
What skills do you need?
- 4+ years back end programming experience in games
- Fluent in communicating and innovating solutions to complex problems in a legacy technology stack you enjoy optimizing for performance.
- 2+ years Python
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of old-school and modern development practices, with
- 2+ years AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience evaluating and recommending custom versus off-the-shelf solutions.
- Building APIs
- Ops e.g. Jenkins, Git, Microservices architecture, CI/CD, Container Management
- Degree-level fluency in programming principles, such that you are not at all concerned about learning and adapting to potentially new programming and scripting languages
- Able to develop backend systems for multiple platforms, including PC, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Experience with high traffic and distributed systems architectures
- Databased e.g. SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB)
- An understanding and appreciation of test-driven development and data oriented
- Happy to work at a start up and help build the programming team
- You will want to explore and understand how existing technologies may serve the game and be passionate about creating new features and enhancing/shaping the current backend systems.
- Big picture thinker – the existing technologies you will be working with are deeply tied into the workflow of other departments on the game. You will want to understand and collaborate with other teams as well as your own to balance needs.
- Strong influencing skills – you will bring a wealth of knowledge and new perspectives to this role and so you will need to be able to help others understand the benefits and possible challenges that come with implementing the solutions you present.
- Mentoring and supporting other team members to achieve their best work.
- Building strong working relationships with team members across disciplines and the company.
- Remote working
- Excellent renumeration
- Great holiday allowance
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Pls forward a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2338.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.