Senior C++ Audio Programmer Games UK - REF 2335
This AAA studio based in the UK is looking for a C++ Senior Audio Programmer, someone with a strong interest in audio processing and a passion for creating an awesome audio experience. You should be comfortable working with both programmers and audio content creators, as you will be working closely with both teams.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
What skills do you need?
- Own the audio technology pipeline and custom audio tool set for our game.
- Develop implementation plans and time estimates for tasks.
- Work with the content team to meet project requirements within performance and memory budgets.
- Collaborate tightly with audio designers to gather requirements, architect, and deliver high-quality features and tools.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Audio programming education or experience.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Strong game programming background (C++, 3D math, optimization, multithreading).
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Strong math skills.
- Good ear for professional grade audio: you know how to spot flaws, shortcomings and opportunities for improvement.
- Familiarity with C#.
- DSP and 3D audio programming experience.
- Experience with middleware solutions such as Wwise.
- Experience programming on game consoles.
Excellent job security, fantastic bonuses, competitive pay…
Pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2335.
Big Planet is an equal ops recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.