Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Remote/Germany – REF 2290
A Remote/German-based games developer currently looking for an experienced and passionate Chief Technology Officer to help build a games platform and create games for a whole new audience.
Our client is a revolutionary game developer changing the user experience of financial services through the power of video games. You will help by joining their C-Suite executive team in leading and steering their technological vision and strategy.
As the CTO, you will report directly to the CEO and be a strategic partner to your peers in the C-Suite team. You will also be a key contributor to the company’s strategy and shall work with stakeholders to fulfill company goals. Furthermore, you will create and lead technology and engineering teams playing a vital role in the development and running of the organisation and its future.
It is important to know our client’s technology stack which is built to create scalable services that allow for growth in correlation with the business. This includes Java, Spring Boot, Angular, PostgreSQL, Rest, Swagger, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Tableau, and many others.
· Be responsible for the organisational design, recruitment, and scaling of all technology and engineering teams, processes, and working methodology at a global scale
· Develop and refine technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
· Ensuring that technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs
· Represent the company in presentations to existing and prospective investors and business customers including their board members
· Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
· Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements and strategy
· Be a role model and mentor to team members
· Be responsible for budgets and delivery timelines
· Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, software engineering, or another comparable discipline.
· At least 10 years working experience in technological roles and at least 3 years of working experience as a CTO or other similar positions leading cross-functional teams in an entrepreneurial environment
· Strong understanding of start-up lifecycle, start-up financing, and start-up organizational behavior
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership and organisational abilities
· Proven track record in designing and creating cloud-based SaaS solutions, platforms, REST APIs, web applications, and mobile applications
· Advanced technological skillset and demonstrated history with technology
· Understanding of budgets and business-planning
· Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
Extra Skills that would be beneficial
· Experience with game development engines such as Unity, Unreal… etc
· Experience in building game platforms and development SDKs
· Previous experience in the FinTech Industry
· Knowledge and experience with big data, machine learning, and AI technologies
· Compensation Package consisting of a high base salary, annual incentives, and stock options, rewarding heavily on entrepreneurship and results
· State of the art technical equipment consisting of a laptop and accessories such as external monitor, mouse, etc, if required
· A remote-first company headquartered in Munich, Germany that gives its employees the possibility to work from everywhere
· Generous holiday allowance
· An amazing entrepreneurial team working environment celebrating good ideas, continuous improvement, and taking risks
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company building something completely new and unique. If that sounds of interest to you, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 2290
We are an equal opportunity company, value diversity, and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.