Server Lead Programmer London, UK Ref 2288
Our client is an award-winning studio in central London lookingfor a Server Lead Programmer to join and be responsible for enhancing anddeveloping online backend systems for their AAA games.
The Ideal candidate has experiencewith functional requirements of online services from perspective of real time/gameapplications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters. The positioninvolves working across disciplinary groups, including interacting with game designand programming teams.
Your responsibilitieswill include:
· Developing reliable and high-performance onlineservices for our games Making key decisions on server side architecture
· Providingadvice to the rest of the team on server-side issues Building and managing a smallserver side team of programmers
· Planning and organizing tasks, to deliverfeatures to a schedule
· Workingwith the other Leads to coordinate tasks and technical implementation, based onthe current roadmap. This will include working with other disciplines such asDesign and QA
· As a senior team member you’ll help mentorjunior team members and plan their skills development Creating and maintainingtechnical documentation as required
Required Experienceand Skills
· Professional Game Programming Experience (atleast 4 years) including 1 or more shipped games
· Proven ability to organize and coordinate asmall team of programmers
· Working knowledge of C++, NodeJS, SQL/NoSQLDocker and orchestration software such as Marathon or Kubenetes
· Experience with designing around databases
· Excellent Communication and Writing Skills
· Conceptual grasp of user generated content,persistent environments, large, simulated worlds
· For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Schemeenables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
· To support our team’s wellbeing we offer anEyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental healthsupport) and trained Mental Health First Aiders. We offer a generous familypolicy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paidmaternity leave.
· Great central London office location near toseveral excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. Theoffice also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machineand table football
Please email me your CV as a Word document along withyou updated URL portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org,quoting reference 2288
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, valuediversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.