Remote Senior C++ Engine Programmer AAA Games UK Ref 2277
Thiswell established AAA games studio with a history of working on world classprojects. We are currently looking foran accomplished and self-motivated Senior C++ Engine Programmer to join ourteam on an unannounced AAA game. The Senior Engine Programmer is responsiblefor designing, developing, testing and implementing systems with a focus onEngine and Platform specific code, and is happy to turn their hand to any taskrequired. This position is offered fully remote or onsite in our head office inthe South of the UK.
Whatwill you do?
• Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systemswith a focus on Engine and Platform specific code
• Works with designers, artists and other personnel involvedin the development process as required to create the highest possible qualityproduct.
• Helps to develop technical design specifications and isable to implement them. • Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code tothat schedule.
• Mentors code team, passing on experience and expertise, andleads by example.
• Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
What skills do you need?
· Proficient in C/C++Professional experience working in the video games industry as engineprogrammer on real time graphics
· Experience in console,PC or mobile programming
· Worked on at least 1shipped game
· GPU architecture
· Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills, including with team members outside of the codeteam
· Ability to manage timeand workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising inconjunction with the code team.
· Writes clear, debuggable,maintainable and performance targeted code
· Able to design andcreate complex systems from start to finish, formulating and realising creativesolutions to novel problems
· Able to break down andstructure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently. A professional ‘can do’ attitudeand a strong team player
· Mentoring and coachingless experienced programmers
· Excellent bug diagnosisand debugging skills
· Knowledge of industrystandard development practices source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking,external QA and localisation team.
· Exposure to post-launchon-going product development and delivery a bonus
· Worked in an Agiledevelopment environment
· Experience with artpackages and pipeline development nice to have
· Experience with lowlevel optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
· Understanding of cloudserver and network backend systems
Please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference
· Private medical and dental, flexihours, freelunch and healthy snacks, relocation assistance or remote working
We are an equal opps recruitment agency and are GDPRcompliant.