C++ Principal Graphics Programmer Games London or Fully Remote – REF 2270
Graphics programmers are dedicated to ensuring the gamelooks as good as it possibly can. They want fire to look like fire, water tolook like water and skin to look like skin. This means making the graphics asdetailed as possible without impacting on the speed and playability of thegame. The job is all about maths,rendering and optimisation. This gamestudio based in the South is looking for a Principal Graphics Programmer to work onsite or fully remote to UKworking hours. This role is open toworldwide candidates.
What will you do?
· Graphics: implement techniques and processesthat meet the artistic, design and technical requirements of the game
· Maths: understand the logic and maths thatunderpins most graphics processes
· Programming: write strong code that is easilyunderstood by fellow coders
· Innovation: imagine and develop ways ofimproving the graphics
· Knowledge of games engines and platforms:understand the different constraints of games consoles, PCs, handhelds, andmobiles
· Communication: work with other programmers andartists
· Responsible for the implementation of variedgraphics systems
· Devise innovative solutions to overcome platformconstraints
· Be a point of contact for designers, artists,and other coders for the systems you create and maintain
What skills do you need?
· A broad knowledge of GPU architecture
· A broad knowledge of contemporary graphicstechniques
· Strong working knowledge of shaders
· Strong API design / software engineering skillsincl. rendering APIs like Direct X12, Vulkan or GNM
· Optimising and debugging code skills
· Strong 3D vector maths
· CPU and GPU profiling as well as multithreadingand low level programming experience
· An eye for the creative and aesthetic aspects ofdevelopment
· Previous experience as a Graphics Programmer inthe Games Industry
· Excellent C++
· 7+ years graphics programmer experience
· Worked on at least one shipped PC or Consoletitle as well as multiplatform experience
· Salary - offer a very competitive packagedependent on experience
· Top Benefits Package, including private healthinsurance
· Remote option
Toapply to this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job referencenumber 2270.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency,value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.