Senior Network Programmer NW of England - Ref 2242
We are working with a PC and console studio based in the NW of England crafting their own IPs as well as working on AAA titles. We’re looking to grow our world-class team and nurture our own titles. This role is offered onsite with some remote working if you are UK based.
What will you do?
- Assist in choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies and matchmaking
- Research and implement multiplayer game mechanics and infrastructure
- Project features in this area from start to finish including prototyping, architecture, profiling and maintenance
- Collaborating with server team on integration approaches
- Support and mentor junior members of the team, building up their skills and upholding best practice in this area
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for PC and console and optimise performance
- Identify technical and developmental risks and find solutions
What skills do you need?
- REST API
- Authentication systems
- Sockets. Web Sockets
- Online presence
- Integrating UI and network TRCs
- Security strategies
- Anticheat and encryption knowledge
- Unreal, CloudScript a bonus
No crunch, advancement, training, great work-life balance
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2242.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency and are GDPR compliant.