Manager QA & Operations 3rd Party Supplier Games, Canada - Ref 2150
We are working with a third-party service provider for QA, Art, and Engineering based in Montreal, Canada. For this position, you will need to have some management experience preferably larger teams, and some operational experience incl. recruitment and training, management of budgets and forecasts, as well as coaching their project managers. This is a management role, and prior team and budget management are essential as well as a strong QA background, and a preference for game industry experience.
You will need to relocate to Montreal for this role.
What does the role entail?
- Solve issues before they impact the projects
- Track client relations and macro-project progress
- Create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Hold stand-ups and meetings
- Manage, lead, mentor, and motivate team
- Responsible for the professional development of the FQA PMs & CQA Manager
- Mentor and train new FQA PMs & CQA Manager and instill growth within the department
- Give monthly performance feedback to FQA PMs & CQA Manager.
- Provide quarterly evaluations of staff to FQA PMs & CQA Manager incl. recognition and warnings
- Identify areas where training material may need improvements.
- Establish lasting relationships with clients
- Manage client interactions and meetings and expectations
- Find solutions or alternatives to clients’ needs or decline when necessary
- Cross-sell services, top-tier client account management
- Increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships with yourself and your team
- Participate in and lead proposals as and when needed
- Delegate proposals when appropriate
- Track and manage project and client KPIs as well as local teams
- Provide briefings to Director, PMs, and Leads incl. client stature.
- Manage the creation and design of templates used by the department.
- Manage resources planning, recruitment, and training
- Communicate employee warnings and actions to Human Resources
- Manage daily communications, like email
- Review local team’s issues with Director and local Managers and manage them
- Point of contact for raised internal queries by the local FQA PMs & CQA Manager.
- Resolve issues and escalate as appropriate, including IT and help tickets
What skills do you need?
- Minimum of a completed degree and experience in a management role or similar in the games industry or related
- Must have formal project management skills and tools such as Agile, Scrum, PMP
- Understanding of the full game production lifecycle
- Functionality QA and Certification testing processes
- Change management, report analysis and delegation of the workforce and setting goals
- Project management tools like Agile, Scrum, PMP...
- Tracking tools, workflows, agile tools like JIRA, Confluence, DevTrack, TestTrack…
- Advanced MS Office
Great bonus scheme, excellent pay, and great work-life balance in central Montreal location.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency and are GDPR compliant.To apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Reference 2150.