Remote Combat Designer PC/Console Contract Adriatic Region – REF 2924
We are working with an exciting PC/Console games studio based in the Adriatic Region who are looking for a talented Combat Designer to join their team and work on their brand-new project, continuing on from the huge success of their previous one. This role is offered fully remote as part of a 12-month contract.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams to conceptualise and design combat mechanics and systems
- Design enemy behaviours, tactics, and AI routines that challenge players and enhance gameplay depth
- Implement combat systems with the Unreal Engine
- Fine-tune combat parameters, e.g. damage values, hitboxes, attack animations etc
- Develop and balance player abilities, weapon systems, and combat progression
- Create and maintain detailed design documentation
Who you are:
- Previous experience as a Combat Designer in the games industry or similar
- Impressive portfolio showcasing your combat design work
- Strong understanding of combat mechanics, player feedback, and game balance
- Great knowledge and proficiency in the Unreal Engine
- Passion for games and a deep appreciation for how combat mechanics contribute to player immersion and enjoyment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Remote working offered, competitive salary alongside great benefits and a profit share scheme, flexible working hours, and a friendly and supportive work environment.
Please forward your updated PDF or Word formatted CV and your latest portfolio to email@example.com quoting reference 2924.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.