SENIOR LEVEL DESIGNER – PC/Console – FPS – London UK REF 1901
SENIOR LEVEL DESIGNER – PC/Console – FPS – London UK
Our client is a leading UK based games developer currently recruiting for a Senior Level Designer.
Remote post available.
• To take responsibility for the level design of the more challenging areas of the product.
• Take ownership of multiple levels through concept to completion.
YOU WILL NEED TO:
• Create close working practices with other disciplines.
• Know where to prioritise focus to ensure the games needs are met.
• Maintain constant communication between team members
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintain up to date level design documentation.
• Understand the technical constraints of the game engine.
• Ensure the focus is shared by the Level Design team and the Environment Art Team.
• Work pro-actively with other level designers.
• Review content and share across the studio.
• Manage relationships with external partners and publishers.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Experience working in a senior position and 1 shipped AAA current gen or last gen (PS3 / Xbox 360) console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
• Knowledge of creating first- or third-person shooters
• Level-building using 3D level editing tools (Unreal 4, UnrealEd, Hammer, Radiant, etc.)
• Experience of prototyping maps and gameplay mechanics using UE4, UE3, Unity, or similar
• Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation including diagram and flow-chart creation
• Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc.)
• Experience in multiplayer level design
• Strong problem-solving skills including lateral thinking
Send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1901.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.