Lead Level Designer - AAA Unreal Studio South East, UK - REF 2570
A great opportunity has opened up for an experienced Lead Level Designer to join a lovely AAA studio. This role is offered at their studio in a beautiful location SE of England, and just perfect for that work-life balance most desire!
This team is looking for a natural leader who is a strong manager, mentor and coach; combined with solid track record and experience in level design and unreal engine; to lead their level design team. Working across multiple projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage, coach and develop the level design team.
- Key person for design issues and communication to the level designers.
- Improve processes, prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the department.
- Mentor junior level designers.
- Translate game vision into level design.
- Identify and manage risks within the schedule with production.
- Scripting in the game engines code language.
- Create new tools using the game engines code language.
- Create designs proposals, implement designs in the game engine, using tools provided by the engine.
- Create content in the engine using given tools and 3D objects.
- Test and correct designs.
- Write documentation related to the designs.
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years working experience as a level designer, with no less than one shipped PC/Console title in a senior level designer role.
- 3+ years Unreal Engine 4 experience or similar as well as advanced understanding of developer tools and software.
- Solid level editing tools and node-based visual script logic.
- Proven experience managing a level design team in at least a senior level design role.
- A positive attitude, exceptional people and management skills as well as strong communication and organisational skills.
- Analytical thinker and strong problem solver.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Private family medical care.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Supportive team, offering flexibility around core hours.
- Great work-life balance and supportive team.
- Lovely location.
Please e-mail your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2570.
Big Planet is an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.