Lead Level Designer AAA Game Studio Germany - Ref 2473
An award-winning studio is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to take on the responsibility for setting the game vision for level design on a new co-op game. As a Lead Level Designer, you will take on a hands-on approach to leading your team and producing a high-quality player experience through the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation.
You’ll work directly with a world-class team to create beautiful, industry-leading products that push the envelope in the gaming community. You’ll manage, coach, and develop a team of incredibly talented, dynamic designers. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate and value professionalism.
- You will be responsible for the level design of an entire product, driving end to end implementation across the team.
- Take responsibility for overseeing our level designers, shaping the process of level design across departments, as well as being the representative of level design to other teams and stakeholders.
- You will realise and communicate the game vision throughout the studio, ensuring alignment across all disciplines.
- You will drive frequent feedback sessions to gather feedback for you and your team and strive to provide constructive feedback to the wider team.
- Embracing the creative vision, championing it, iterating, and delivering a full experience that gels all the other disciplines (like combat or progression) that exceeds player expectations.
- You will be hands-on and lead your team to produce benchmark level layouts and scripts, ultimately delivering the highest quality player experience.
- In partnership with the technical art department, innovate production prototypes for level design, while persistently aiming to devise and improve it.
- Over 5+ years of extensive experience as Level Designer.
- Past experience of over 2+ years as Lead Level Designer.
- Proven success building worlds, levels and encounters that harmonize with core game mechanics, especially in co-op games.
- Significant involvement in the level design of multiple game titles, with preferably a full cycle on a AAA title (or equivalent) at Senior or lead level.
- An individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Vast knowledge in modern 3D game engines and relevant editing tools.
- Create a positive inclusive work environment that will grow team motivation and performance.
- Understanding of level-building using 3D editing tools such as UE4, Hammer, UnrealEd etc.
- Scripting expertise within Unreal Blueprint.
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
- Relocation support and benefits
- Occupational pension scheme
- Flexible Working hours
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables every day
- Hot & Cold drinks of your choice
- In-house massage, Fitness Club membership
- Monthly company events
- public transportation
- Games/Books Library
- Personal Talent Development Manager
- Regular in-house social events
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2473.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.