Lead Sound Designer Games England - REF 2332
The Lead Audio Designer will work closely with our Audio Director to deliver an immersive and informative sound that aligns with the creative vision for our AAA title. The person in this position should be an excellent communicator both in-person and online, be able to respond to direction, and make audio experiences that meld story and personality seamlessly with the gameplay. This is for our RPG studio based in the Midlands, England.
What will you do?
As a Lead Audio Designer, you will:
- Create and implement weapons, abilities and environmental audio that brim with character
- Push the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, post-production and mixing
- Collaborate with other game developers to debug sound effects
- Take part in improving game audio features and tool development
- Assist with field recordings
What skills do you need?
- Committed to excellence
- Passionate about games and game audio
- Experience mentoring and training junior sound designers
- 7+ years of experience in games in sound design and implementation
- Proven track record of creating excellent original content
- Technically competent with tools, processes, and sound theory
- At least one title as a lead sound/audio engineer in the games industry preferably on PC/console title
- Capable of troubleshooting problems within audio and game tools
- Highly motivated and able to work successfully with minimal direction when needed
- Able to quickly improve or learn new skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other disciplines
- Experience editing and mixing sound-to-picture
- Experience authoring sound for surround formats
- Experience in field recording and audio source creation
- Experience working with both commercial and proprietary audio as well as implementation tools on multiple platforms
- Outsource audio development experience
Bonus, relocation package and great studio environment
To apply pls send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2332.