Lead QA AAA Game Studio NW UK - REF 2255
We are working with a top-tier AAA game studio team based in the NW of the UK, who are looking for a Lead QA for their development team. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in their impressive and scenic studio setting and develop your skills in an AAA environment on large-scale titles! Core function of this role is to execute and define their Agile testing processes, test automation and tool programme for their project. Must have previous team management experience.
What will you be doing?
- Develop the quality plan for the project, ensuring the work is allocating as required across the team.
- Part of the development QA team, monitoring, controlling and planning the QA activities.
- Management and mentorship of the QA team.
- Manage tasks of the team, ensuring work is prioritised and withing the project schedule.
- Ensure that knowledge of the project scope, design and features, any production risks etc. and the team’s contribution are understood by the team, ensuring smooth running, tracking and mitigation.
- Assist in the development of key performance targets for the project and the QA team.
- Work closely with the team and the senior managers to ensure best QA practice, effective quality practices, and mentorship as needed is carried out in the team and for the projects.
Skills & experience required:
- Minimum of a completed degree qualification or similar in Games Development or Production.
- Must have previous QA team management experience or a testing team management role.
- Must have good base of software development, debugging, version control and continuous integration systems.
- Advanced user of quality management / testing tools such as development test cases, /building test plans, workflow creation etc.
- Must have excellent software testing methodologies experience, Agile software development with ISTQB an added advantage.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Analytical thinker who is methodical and has strong planning and project management skills.
- A passion and knowledge of the games industry and ideally a background in test automation.
In return, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to working with a winning team who are passionate and reward passion and success! Flexible working hours, great work-life balance, training, subsided lunches, free snacks & great coffee! An awesome team culture and opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best!
How to apply
If this sounds like your dream job and your next move, then send your CV to email@example.com today quoting reference 2255.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.