Remote Principal 3D Artist PC/Console Games Canada REF 2917
Our client is a thriving studio based in Quebec, who are now the lookout for a French speaking versatile Principal 3D Artist capable of integrating their expertise into the development of projects. This role is offered fully remote if based in Canada.
What you will be doing:
- Proficient in 3D modelling environments, architecture, characters, objects, etc.
- Skilled in texture creation and UV unfolding
- Capable in the process of applying Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials to 3D objects in a virtual environment
- Effective collaboration with level design teams
- Work closely with technical artists to define shaders and tools
- Partner with Artistic Directors to ensure alignment with the project's artistic vision and goals
- Understand and adhere to artistic and technical requirements in projects
Who you are:
- Mastery in the games industry with 5-10 years’ experience
- Great knowledge in tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter
- Experience using Unity or Unreal
- Knowledge in the application of PBR materials and pipeline techniques
- Showcase adaptability across diverse game styles (cartoon, realistic, pixel, etc.).
- Demonstrate effective and meaningful communication adept at explaining ideas and concepts
- Familiarity with Substance Designer is a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written French at a professional level is a requirement.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours with hybrid and remote options
- Group insurance, health dental, travel etc.
- Access to free diverse online training courses eg, guitar classes or a Unity course
- Retirements saving plans with employer contributions
- Opportunity to collaborate with international, talented individuals in a dynamic environment
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number 2917.
Big Planet is an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate. We are a GDPR compliant company.