Remote Technical Animator PC/Console Games AAA – REF 2850
We are working with a well-established AAA game studio who are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Animator to join their team and help with their latest exciting RPG project. This role is offered fully remote.
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for setting up characters which include ragdoll, dynamics (rigid bodies, fake physics), cloth simulation, IKs etc.
- Build animation blueprints and maintenance for main player, NPCS and enemies’ bosses.
- Work with Unreal Engine 5.
- Build small tools such as animModifies to help automatize animation tasks for animators.
- Develop and maintain efficient animation pipelines, workflows, and tools.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues relating to animation.
Who you are:
- Industry experience in a Technical Animator role or similar.
- Unreal Engine experience, preferably in Unreal Engine 5.
- Good understanding of UE animation workflow.
- Knowledge of procedural systems such as IKs, rigid bodies and Control Rig.
- Knowledge of physical simulation setup e.g., ragdolls.
- Phyton or C++, with the desire to learn.
- Great English written and verbal communication.
- Lip sync, especially FaceFX.
- Experience with mocap.
- Maya rigging and skinning.
- Flexible working hours with no crunch
- Remote/home working
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Company social events
- Professional learning and development opportunities
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference 2850.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.