Senior Technical Artist Console Games Studio UK Ref - 2616
We are working with a co-development studio who works with global AAA clients, working on multiple and exciting projects, offering plenty of variety. They are looking to appoint a highly skilled Senior Technical Artist to join their growing tech art team.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the Lead Technical Artist regarding resourcing concerns and production risks
- Take ownership of specific features of the game
- Mentor the Technical Art Team
- Creating and integrating in-house toolsets and create materials/shaders
- Establish and maintain project art pipelines
- Collaborate with the artists and offer feedback to improve the performance of the in-game assets while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Adhere to schedules and promptly feedback concerns regarding any aspects of the project
- Draft technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline
- Promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
Who you are
- An experienced Senior Technical Artist with an updated portfolio showcasing your skillset
- A min of 4 years in the games industry
- Understanding of modern rendering, shading and lighting techniques
- In-depth knowledge in Python.
- Good understanding of a PBR workflow
- Understanding of the technical limitations of current console hardware
An added bonus:
- MEL and/or Maxscript knowledge
- Unreal Engine or Unity
- Maya API and programming in C++ or C# is advantageous
- 3 published titles.
- At least two full project cycles in an intermediate art position.
Market related salary, flexible working hours, private medical and dental insurance scheme and so much more!
Please forward your updated PDF or Word CV along with your latest URL portfolio/showreel links to email@example.com quoting reference 2616.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.