SENIOR PROGRAMMER - C++ STUDIO - North of England Ref 960
We have a C++ studio client looking for a forward-thinking Senior programmer to join a phenomenal team and continue to take the gaming industry by storm.
As a Senior Programmer you will be responsible for the day to day development of game features across one or many platforms. You will also be responsible for the design and implementation of game systems within a title, potentially mentoring and managing one or two junior programmers to help achieve your goals.
In a typical day:
You will be required to design, implement and debug features within the game you are working on, potentially working across multiple platforms simultaneously. You know how to use the tools required, including dev kits to refine and polish the game systems to meet the highest standards. You will have super interpersonal skills enabling you to accurately report progress and issues as the feature progresses, allowing you and your team to manage the progress of the project. Finally, you will be able to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, improving their abilities on a daily basis.
What you need:
- 5+ years of commercial C++ experience, coding and debugging.
- At least one area of specialism within game developments (graphics, networking, gameplay, AI, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of build and pipeline systems within game development.
- At least 1 shipped title (preferably on console).
- Good time management and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to take direction and criticism.
- Experience with small team management, and mentoring.
- Knowledge of large scale asset pipelines.
- Knowledge of source control and asset management tools.
- Group Life Assurance Policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexi Time
- Childcare Vouchers
Great if you have these skills:
Do you think this role is for you?Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 960.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.