C/C++ Network Programmer - AAA – France Ref 2013
Our client in anoutstanding office in Paris is currently looking for a Network Programmer towork on a AAA title currently in development for cross platform.This roleincludes designing and maintaining in-game networking, dedicated game serversand cloud-based backend services such as matchmaking, analytics and telemetry.
What skills do I need?
- 2 years’ experience in embedded C/C++, ideally in the games industry.
- Experience of using Playstation Network (PSN), Xbox LIVE, Steamworks and/or similar APIs for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards in online multiplayer games preferred.
- TCP and UDP socket programming and/or RESTful services in production code is helpful.
- Cloud facilities such as AWS or Azure would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Console/PC/GaaS/cross platform experience
- First class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet all of the experience criteria above.
What you will do:
- Write and develop network code for next generation consoles, desktop and mobile platforms
- Integrate with APIs such as Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and Steamworks
- Develop and maintain cloud services
- Maintain existing code for multiplayer and online functionality
- General multiplayer game programming and testing
- General engine programming
What we need from you:
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Knowledge of Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and/or Steamworks APIs
- TCP and UDP socket programming
- Experience using or developing RESTful APIs
- Enthusiasm for games
- Knowledge of network configuration (e.g. firewalls and routing tables) would be an advantage
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or the ELK stack would also be an advantage
If this the job for you please forward your CVto email@example.com quoting reference 2013
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agencyand value diversity.
We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.