C++ AI / Gameplay Programmer AAA Scotland Ref 1988
Our client is a multi-award winning studio for their console and handheld titles. They are looking for a C++ AI / Gameplay developer who is ready to work for the best.
As part of the AI/Gameplay team, you will design and implement the systems that make our NPCs come to life. Your role is to develop systems, focused on navigation and navmesh generation.
If you are passionate about procedural data generation, code systems and structures we'd like to hear from you.
What you will do:
- You will create the decision logic which drives fun, systemic gameplay in collaboration with systems designers worldwide
- You will work with animators to make characters come to life through believable and fluid motion
- You will assist quest designers with the creation of robust, bespoke experiences
- You will research new techniques and tools that will improve the content creation workflow, and raise the bar in terms of character behavior quality
- You will extend and refactor the AI code base for performance, maintainability, and reliability
- Strong maths, linear algebra, vectors, matrices...
Who you are:
- 2+ years of programming experience
- You are able to participate productively with other disciplines such as design, animation, visual effects and sound
- Able to use existing or new techniques to create exciting NPC gameplay
- You like to keep track of the current state of the art through articles and conference proceedings
- You have a strong interest in creating exciting gameplay
- You are happy working with a large code base
- You can work in a structured way, in C++, to generate easy to understand code while still keeping track of memory / performance aspects
If you think you’re up for the challengePlease forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 1988.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.