C++ Physics Developer AAA Racing Games Midlands UK Ref 1849
We are working with a leading AAA racing game studio based in the Midlands, UK who is looking for a talented C++ Physics Developer to join their team and work on their award-winning pillar franchise.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your physics programming skills and to drive forward physical dynamics with innovation and ambition.
What will you be doing?
- Simulation of physical bodies with an emphasis on high performance vehicles
- Modelling complex vehicles including tyre friction, rigid body dynamics, surface deformation, aerodynamics, collision detection...
- Ensuring accuracy of vehicle characteristic simulations
Who you are
- Strong C++
- Full video game lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of computer architecture
- Able to debug and profile tools
- Applied and pure maths
- Experience with collision detection as well as rigid body dynamics and forward and inverse kinematics
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field e.g. Maths, Physics...
- Scrum and agile processes
- Dynamics solvers e.g. LCP, MCP...
- Appreciation and understanding of vehicle dynamics
- Friction modelling
We offer a great working environment and believe in promotion from within. We help with international candidates through a phenomenal Visa sponsorship and relocation package.
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency, value diversity and don't discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.
To apply to this position please send your CV ideally in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number 1849.