Dev Ops Programmer Tech Developer Bristol Ref 1078
This world leading tech developer is looking for a dev ops programmer to work in their Bristol studio. You will improve and enhance our in-house tools and our continuous integration systems. This will enable us to streamline and cut our build and test times.Our current infrastructure is built upon VMWare, vSphere, Chef, Chocolatey, TeamCity, SVN and Perforce. Your tasked with developing, maintaining and solving our infrastructure to support several team's network.You will be responsible for taking our systems to the next level, capitalizing on modern virtualization, provisioning and associated technologies to enable improvements in the continuous integration (CI/CD) and test systems across the organization.You will work with teams of outstanding developers to help them fine tune process by continuously analyzing historical data.
What will you do?
- Diagnose problems and inefficiencies and workflows used by our development and test engineers.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain improved solutions.
- Ensure that the appropriate tools are in place for monitoring systems.
- Review standard methodologies and emerging concepts in Infrastructure Automation
What qualifications will you need?
- BSc in Computer Science / Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
- You have maintained and operated our complex framework.
- You have deep experience of Systems instrumentation, monitoring and debugging on Microsoft Windows.
- You can scripting languages e.g. Python, Ruby, PowerShell.
- You're familiar with source control management systems e.g. Git, SVN, Perforce etc.
- You'll lead technical discussions with engineering teams.
- Knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- Deployment systems e.g. TeamCity.
- Creating products with Visual Studio.
- Virtualization and container technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Microsoft Windows system administration.
- An understanding of networking technologies including IPv4/IPv6, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Issue tracking e.g. Bugzilla, Jira etc.
Please send your CV as a Word document to email@example.com quoting reference 1078.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and don't discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.