Technical Director Wanted Unreal Studio Yorkshire Ref 444
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Director to build a new team on their FPS AAA title. You will be responsible for the running and development of the technical department in the studio, including the recruitment and training of new staff . You will work closely with the other senior members of the studio include the Managing Director, Artistic Director, Game Director and Production Manager to set the overall vision for the studio. You will be responsible for the overall technical implementation of the creative and artist vision of the studio. The technical director is the key link between the creative vision of our games and their delivery. You will work across all of the game projects within the studio. Through the lead and senior programmers you will be responsible for the management of the whole technical team.
- An expert in multiple programming languages including C++
- A solid understanding of 3D geometry and physics.
- Skilled technical designer and software architect.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Highly motivated and creative individual.
- Excellent team player with great communication skills.
- Proven ability to estimate, manage and deliver your own tasks and those of others.
- Passionate about developing AAA games.
- Excellent problem solver.
- At least 8 years software development experience in the video games industry working on the development of 3D video games for PC or consoles.
- At least 4 years experience in a similar technical director or lead programmer with TD responsibilities, with oversight of multiple game projects.
- At least 2 shipped products as a programmer/lead programmer.
- Experience in multiple project management methodologies, including waterfall, Agile and SCRUM.
- Experience working with Unreal
- Experience in the development of AAA games including large scale hit titles
CV to email@example.com to apply quoting reference 444.
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency and do not discriminate.