We are a recruitment consultancy in the video game and interactive entertainment industry, looking to add two Apprentices to our company.
· Have you just finished your A levels?
· Have a GCSE in Maths and English and are looking to join the workforce and gain a qualification at the same time?
· We are looking for an apprentice to complete a Level 3 Recruitment Apprenticeship.
· The placement will take place at our office in Hove where you will undergo training taking between 12 to 18 months.
· You will learn the ins and outs of recruitment including database management, resourcing, writing job ads, client management,permanent hires… and receive qualifications in NVQ Diploma in Recruitment as well as a theory based qualification including a BTEC Certificate in Recruitment Practice and a Certificate in Principles of Recruitment (the equivalent of 3 A levels grades A to E).
· Upon completion of the training a position will become available for the right candidate.
· This role is open to EU candidates with eligibility to work in the UK with a GCSE in Maths and English.
· You will be paid minimum wage for the role and be expected to work between 35-40 hours per week during normal office hours.
Skills and experience required:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Office work experience
· Can-do attitude, with a desire to progress and earn a career in Recruitment
· Excellent time keeping and attendance record from your previous roles
· UK work permit
· GCSEs and/or A Levels with good grades
· An interest in videogames or new technology a bonus
Apply with CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Big Planet is a Recruitment Agency specializing in the Videogames,Virtual Reality and New Technology Sector. We seek an experienced Data Entry Clerk to work on our business development database, adding new companies,contact details, identifying opportunities for our Recruitment Consultants and maintaining an up to date contact list of the worldwide games, VR and New Tech industries.
Skills and experience required:
· Previous professional Data Entry experience working on large data sets.
· CRM system experience.
· Fast typing speed.
· Computer literate (Windows).
· High level attention to detail and accuracy inputting data.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills especially spelling/grammar.
· Can-do attitude.
· Able to work independently, on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Quick learner and comfortable with new terminology in a fast paced tech sales environment
· Happy working on repetitive tasks.
· Excellent time keeping and attendance record is expected.
· This is an in-house office role and is not open to remote workers.
· UK work permit or UK national.
In return we offer a competitive salary, with a meaningful bonus scheme and perks such as company lunches and other social events. The company is growing so there is opportunity for career development at Big Planet.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Salary: £15,000.00 /year
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Big Planet is a worldwide recruitment agency for the games industry, virtual reality and creative technology sectors. We currently have openings for 2 Senior / Mid Level Recruitment Consultants at our Brighton based office. The positions are full time and offer an excellent opportunity to work as a specialist recruiter and work in the fast growing games industry.
Skills, qualities, experience and qualifications required:
· We look for good academic attainment, either at GCSE, A level or Degree level.
· At least one previous job in a recruitment agency with a proven billing history
· Can do attitude, driven to succeed and used to a hard working company culture where success is a given
· Professional conduct with impeccable time keeping
· Professional standard written and verbal communication skills in English
· An interest in the games industry helpful
We offer in return:
· Commission structure on successful placements up to 50%
· Job satisfaction in a dynamic growing company. Big Planet has a "Quality First" ethos, working to high professional standards, without cowboy spurs or sharp elbows.
· Result incentives such as foreign travel to international games conferences, business lunches, client visits to games studios and other exciting industry events
· Be a part of a team of exceptional experienced consultants who are open, honest and strive for success
· Free parking at our Hove based office.
· Competitive basic salary with industry leading commission structure on business development as well as placements
To apply, send CV and cover letter to email@example.com today!
It describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, and how, in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the "GDPR"), our policy for your personal data can be found here.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
CANDIDATE DATA: In order to provide the best possible employment opportunities that are tailored to you, we need to process certain information about you. We only ask for details that will genuinely help us to help you, such as your name, age, contact details,education details, employment history, emergency contacts, immigration status,financial information (and of course you may choose to share other relevant information with us). Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also collect information related to your health, diversity information or details of any criminal convictions.
CLIENT DATA: If you are a Big Planet customer, we need to collect and use information about you, or individuals at your organisation, in the course of providing you services such as finding Candidates who are the right fit for you or your organisation
SUPPLIER DATA: We need a small amount of information from our Suppliers to ensure that things run smoothly. We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide (if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us).
PEOPLE WHOSE DATA WE RECEIVE FROM CANDIDATES AND STAFF, SUCH AS REFEREES AND EMERGENCY CONTACTS: In order to provide Candidates with suitable employment opportunities safely and securely and to provide for every eventuality for them and our Staff, we need some basic background information. We only ask for very basic contact details, so that we can get in touch with you either for a reference or because you’ve been listed as an emergency contact for one of our Candidates or Staff members.
Depending on the type of personal data in question and the grounds on which we may be processing it, should you decline to provide us with such data, we may not be able to fulfil our contractual requirements or, in extreme cases, may not be able to continue with our relationship.
How do we collect your personal data?
CANDIDATE DATA: There are two main ways in which we collect your personal data:
1. Directly from you; and
2. From third parties e.g job boards (CW Jobs, Games Industry Biz, CV Library, Linkedin etc)
CLIENT DATA: There are two main ways in which we collect your personal data:
1 Directly from you; and
2 From third parties (e.g. our Candidates) and other limited sources (e.g. online and offline media).
SUPPLIER DATA: We collect your personal data during the course of our work with you.
PEOPLE WHOSE DATA WE RECEIVE FROM CANDIDATES AND STAFF, SUCH AS REFEREES AND EMERGENCY CONTACTS: We collect your contact details only where a Candidate or a member of our Staff puts you down as their emergency contact or where a Candidate gives them to us in order for you to serve as a referee.
How do we use your personal data?
CANDIDATE DATA: The main reason for using your personal details is to help you find employment or other work roles that might be suitable for you. The more information we have about you,your skill set and your ambitions, the more bespoke we can make our service.Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also use your personal data for things like marketing, profiling and diversity monitoring. Where appropriate, we will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
CLIENT DATA: The main reason for using information about Clients is to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly. This will usually involve identifying Candidates who we think will be the right fit for you or your organisation. The more information we have, the more bespoke we can make our service.
SUPPLIER DATA: The main reasons for using your personal data are to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly, and to comply with legal requirements.
PEOPLE WHOSE DATA WE RECEIVE FROM CANDIDATES AND STAFF, SUCH AS REFEREES AND EMERGENCY CONTACTS: We use referees’personal data to help our Candidates to find employment which is suited to them. If we are able to verify their details and qualifications, we can make sure that they are well matched with prospective employers. We may also use referees' personal data to contact them in relation to recruitment activities that may be of interest to them. We use the personal details of a Candidates or Staff member's emergency contacts in the case of an accident or emergency affecting that Candidates or member of Staff .
Who do we share your personaldata with?
CANDIDATE DATA: We may share your personal data with client studios, but only with your permission. Primarily we will share your information with prospective employers to increase your chances of securing the job you want.
CLIENT DATA: We will share your data primarily to ensure that we provide you with a suitable pool of Candidates.
How do we safeguard your personal data?
We care about protecting your information. That's why we put in place appropriate measures that are designed to prevent unauthorised access to, and misuse of, your personal data.
Our data is stored on the Bullhorn CRM platform.
Their GDPR policy is here…
We do not share your data with 3rd parties under any circumstances, unless you are applying for a job via Big Planet to one of our clients. We will then not send your CV anywhere without your permission except to the studios we agree upon.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
If we have not had meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for a period of four years, we will Delete your personal data from our systems unless we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it (for example, because of our obligations to tax authorities or in connection with any anticipated litigation).
How can you access, amend or take back the personal data that you have given to us?
Even if we already hold your personal data, you still have various rights in relation to it. To get in touch about these, please contact us. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of any applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
Right to object: If we are using your data because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests to do so,and you do not agree, you have the right to object. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases). Generally, we will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply.
Right to withdraw consent: Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities (for example, for profiling your suitability for certain roles), or consent to market to you, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Right of data portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your data from us to another data controller. We will help with this – either by directly transferring your data for you, or by providing you with a copy in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR): Just so it's clear, you have the right to ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and you may ask us to modify, update or Delete such information. At this point we may comply with your request or,additionally do one of the following:
- we may ask you to verify your identity, or ask for more information about your request; and
- where we are legally permitted to do so, we may decline your request, but we will explain why if we do so.
Right to erasure: In certain situations (for example, where we have processed your data unlawfully), you have the right to request us to "erase" your personal data. We will respond to your request within 30 days (although we may be allowed to extend this period in certain cases) and will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply. If we do agree to your request, we will Delete your data but will generally assume that you would prefer us to keep a note of your name on our register of individuals who would prefer not to be contacted. That way, we will minimise the chances of you being contacted in the future where your data are collected in unconnected circumstances. If you would prefer us not to do this, you are free to say so.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
If your interests or requirements change, you can unsubscribe from part or all of our marketing content (for example job role emails) by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, or by informing us on the contact page of the Big Planet website.
Unique Internship in Videogames Recruitment.
Big Planet is an independent boutique Recruitment Agency specialising in the fast growing, exciting and dynamic Videogames Industry and the brand new Virtual Reality Industry.
We have opportunities for internships at this rapidly expanding agency.
If you are pursuing a career in the field of agency, internal recruitment, HR or need to develop skills for a chosen career in business, retail, health, or many others, this internship is ideal for you. You will have a first hand opportunity to develop occupational skills, knowledge and experience that are central to your career path.
As a recruitment intern at Big Planet the main tasks will involve:
• Creating up-to-date job descriptions for all the relevant departments
• Managing social media, job boards and other online resourcing tools
• Attracting candidates and matching them to suitable opportunities
• Acting as the initial point of contact for job seekers
• Assessing application forms
• Performing the initial screening of potential candidates
• Conducting telephone and face to face interviews and evaluating selection processes
• Assessing the competences of applicants in relation to job specifications and client suitability, and then making recommendations
• Providing follow up to job seekers and developing good relations with former, current and future candidates.
• Acting as the point of contact between the applicants and clients
• Conducting background checks
• Operating customer management system
• Expanding and managing the database
• Developing new business, targeting and approaching potential clients with new candidates and recruitment services
• Contacting universities and other institutions to develop relations with partners
• Advertising and marketing the internship programme, and the Big Planet agency
• Developing creative recruitment solutions to attract the appropriate level of candidates
Additional we will work with you to develop employability skills. These are highly valued by all employers. They include: research skills; interpersonal skills; confidence levels, team interaction; presentation skills, phone technique, and most importantly, working to the high standards private business expect in a customer facing service sector environment.
Skills, Experience and Education required:
• Educated to A level standard qualifications. Graduates preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluent written and spoken English language. Other languages a bonus
• Can-do attitude and solid work ethic essential
Full one to one training will be given in the full range of activities required by recruitment agencies. You will be an experienced Recruiter after an internship with Big Planet, with practical knowledge of what it takes to be successful in recruitment. Skills that are transferrable to HR, internal recruitment or agency side head hunting.
Apply now! CVs@big-planet.biz