Our client is a AAA studio, well-known for delivering high standards of polish with all the titles they release. With an ambitious new project and future expansion on the horizon, they are now seeking a Level Designer to join their Midlands UK studio's talent.
- Work on large parts of level design to a AAA standard, while accumulating and distributing best production practices in mentoring Junior teammates
- Collaborate closely with Environment Artists to iterate and realise whitebox environments for gameplay concepting
- Post-concept, perform 3D modelling and proprietary tools to apply gameplay mark up post-concept and ultimately realise the environments into AAA console experiences
- At least 3 years' experience within the games industry in design roles and experience with at least one 3D software package (3DS Max, Maya, etc.)
- Confidence and experience using level design tools to create functional levels highly beneficial
- A great passion for video games and communication skill across all levels, able to provide and receive feedback
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Big Planet is a GDPR compliant agency. Please refer to our new and updated GDPR Privacy Statement at http://www.big-planet.biz/news.php?d=27
This top games studio based in Sheffield is looking for an Technical Designer to work on their latest title. Do you already have a title under your belt as tech designer? Then, look no further.
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams in the design and execution of the game vision
- Be responsible for technical elements of level creation such as building set pieces and solving complex scripting problem
- Scripting game mode logic
- Craft prototypes to test new mechanics and level layouts
- Empower the wider design team by creating designer friendly tools and scripts
- Deliver content within quality, schedule and technical limitations
- Take a positive and constructive attitude to receiving and giving feedback
- At least 2 years’ experience within the games industry, a firm grasp of level and games design, and involvement in the shipping of at least one current-gen console title
- Proficiency with the Unreal Engine 4 – Blueprints, replication processes as well as technical limitations and optimisation solutions, ideally experienced with other engines as well (Unity, CryEngine, etc.) is preferred
- Self-driven, solution-oriented and an excellent communicator across all levels
If this sounds of interest to you, apply today by submitting your CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 823.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This top tier, AAA team are responsible for titles that have been genre defining. They have opened opportunities to add Level Designers to their studios.
Please see below for a brief outline of the job description:
- Working closely with other teams to ensure created levels contribute to and enhance the gameplay and game narrative.
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing in-game levels.
- Crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Level Designer position in games
- Extensive knowledge of current tittles, specifically in the Action/RPG genre, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, or you would like to discuss your options, please provide me with a copy of your latest CV in .doc or .docx format, a suitable phone number / Skype ID, along with a convenient date and time to call to email@example.com Please quote reference 807.
We are working with an award winning, console developer based in the East Midlands. They are seeking to hire a Senior Game Designers for their top-tier team.
Please see below for an outline of the job description:
What you need to do
- Balance design and production goals and inspire a team of designers to reach their maximum potential within the constraints of the project.
- Creativity and ability to innovate and bring new ideas to the team.
- Act as the focal point for groups composed of different disciplines, and help drive features to completion while ensuring through your own work that the game is properly tuned and balanced.
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation
- Experience of using in-house and/or off-the-shelf tools to balance both meta-game and moment-to-moment gameplay
- Worked on at least 1 completed title
- A minimum of 5 years proven game design experience
Who you are
We offer a competitive salary and annual pay reviews as well as a great work atmosphere.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, or you would like to discuss your options, please send a copy of your latest CV as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 530.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate.
Our client is a leading developer and publisher of mobile and web based games. We seek a proven Producer to join our dynamic and successful team.
As Game Producer you will help produce and grow our portfolio of mobile and social games. Actively shape and drive the vision for the business around our portfolio alongside our head of Product.
- Drive and implement the company vision around multiple game productions
- Build and track the product roadmap including milestone plan, strategic objectives and priorities
- Report and represent the production status, progress, risk and mitigations to key partners
- Leverage your own skills and the teams to innovate, craft concepts, wireframes, and user flows to visualize ideas and build and drive product decisions
- Deliver game products that are ready to be live produced and operated
- Communicate product vision and priorities in a compelling and clear way to the teams, product managers...
- Use game and business critical metrics to make data-informed product decisions
- Review and revise decisions and priorities to boost the success of products in close collaboration with the VP of Product
Who are you?
- 3-5 years of professional experience in games production
- Broad track record of producing and shipping game titles, preferably in a social/mobile environment
- Experience in running production P&L and operating budgets for game productions and/or a studio
- High real passion for phenomenal, user-centered product design and quality
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum and the role of a Product Owner in rapid iteration and experimentation (build, measure, learn cycles)
- Sharp creative and business sense with extraordinary communicative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and in complex, dynamic production and business environments
- Ability to help design and implement efficient production pipelines for use during and after release
- Fluent English, knowledge of German is an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply send word document CV to email@example.com reference 835.
Our client is looking for an experienced games designer to head up the design team of a new AAA title.
Game script writing
Level design and implementation in line within the game parameters
Responsive gameplay development
Communication inter-departmentally and externally
Reactive and predictive problem resolution
At least 4 years AAA game design experience
Familiarity with Agile project management
Experience with 3D engines and scripting
Demonstrable result delivery to deadlines
Permanent position in an exciting game studio based in Poland’s capital
A key senior role in the development of a new title
Candidates please forward your CV and covering letter in English in either .doc or .docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 197.