Level Designer Wanted Top Console Studio Yorkshire Ref 841
This top console games studio based in Yorkshire is looking for a talented Level Designer to join an experienced and passionate team in delivering an exciting new game. You’ll work closely with art and code, using and evolving a set of cool mechanics to build fluid, fun, exciting levels, coming to the table with new ideas and running with the game’s vision, injecting their own personality into the opportunities it crafts.You’ll need to have a natural affinity with player experience, have a phenomenal understanding of pacing and challenge, be passionate about crafting a story through play. We see this as a great opportunity to join a studio with big ambitions at an early stage, so we’re looking for people who want to shine, who are as visionary and passionate as we are.
What is your input?
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to create exciting, innovative and engaging levels
- Understand the role of pacing, narrative, theme and mechanics in creating compelling gameplay experiences
- Realise the high-level vision of your levels through all stages of development from initial block out through to final shipped product
- Plan, execute and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting
- Use player feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience
What skills do I need?
- Shipped 1+ AAA third-person action title as a level designer
- It would be great if you also have:
- Shipped at least one AAA title using UE3/4
- Experience of developing gameplay mechanics
- Experience of designing and integrating puzzles into your levels
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints or other visual scripting tools
Please email me your CV as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 841.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.