Lead Character Rigger AAA Studio UK Ref 2028
Lead Character Rigger AAA Studio UK
We are working with a family-friendly AAA game studio based in the North West of England who is looking for a Lead Character Rigger to join their successful and talented animation department, where you will lead the rigging team and produce high quality rigs and tools.
What will you be doing?
- Creatively and technically lead the rigging team
- Support and work alongside Animators, Designers, Artists, Programmers and the Production teams
- Ensuring that character art assets and animation rigs are delivered timeously for animation
- Take responsibility for all assets
- Manage the pipeline, identify any issues, design, and implement any changes
- Work closely with the Project Leads, Managers and the Animation departments
- Create tools to aid the creative team, to support the animation pipeline
- Setting and maintaining high standards
- Ensure that the team deliver consistent good quality of work
- Sound rigging and animation experience
- Good team management skills - to motivate, delegate, support and lead by example
- Expert knowledge of Maya and Unreal Engine
- Excellent understanding of MEL/ Python scripting languages
- A bonus - C++ knowledge
This company offers a competitive salary in a friendly and comfortable working environment, as well as a fantastic bonus and pension scheme.