Technical Artist Console Games Germany Ref 1814
Our client is an independently-owned studio in Southern Germany and all about crafting engaging game experiences.
By setting great examples and helping to mentor more junior developers, you will lead the team in planning and implementing solutions to support all aspects of game development.
You will maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines on the project, and work with other Technical Artists in the studio to improve general development practises.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience of pushing the technical limits and ensuring the Art team can work efficiently and comfortably.
What will you do?
- Making of in-house tools using Max, Houdini, substance...
- Supporting Art and Tech teams as and when needed.
- Fixing hold-ups in production and pipeline.
- Improving and researching best content and production practices.
- Responsible for Technical Art docs.
- Acting as intermediary between Art and Engine programming teams on a daily basis to facilitate production needs.
- Reviewing scenes and addressing issues with relevant stake-holders.
What experience do you have?
- 3+ years of experience as a mid/senior Technical Artist on shipped titles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Passion for games and game development
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4 Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
BenefitsThis studio offers great work life balance, a great salary package, holidays and a state-of-the-art office.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, or you would like to discuss your options, please provide me with a copy of your latest CV in .doc or .docx format, a suitable phone number / Skype ID, along with a convenient date and time to call to email@example.com quoting reference 1814.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency and don't discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.