Leading London Indie Studio – Lead Artist – Mobile Ref 1015
Next generation mobile games studio situated in the heart of London is looking for an UI led Game Art Lead to steer the project through strength of idea and a commitment to the quality of the vision. The successful candidate will be highly creative with strong art direction skills, an eye for game design and will be able to tackle tasks in a methodological way using good working practices.
- Take ownership over all aspects of the game Art, ensuring the Art team delivers quality efficiently at every corner of a -sometimes unpredictable- production cycle
- Establish the look and feel of the game from pre-production game design, business ambitions and overall art direction.
- Liaising closely with the Production Manager you will be a hands-on line manager, leader and mentor to the rest of the art team
- Challenge methodologies and always look for room to improve them, all while executing the tight-rope balancing act of managing expectations and distributing work-loads effectively
- A comprehensive portfolio showing wonderful examples in different styles
- Experience in dealing with external publishers
- Lead art experience on the full life cycle of a project
- Experience in estimating/scheduling (ideally within an agile environment)
- Skilled in one or more of the craft areas - knowledgeable in all
- Excellent communication skills and a positive demeanour
- Ability to understand business and product needs and ability to decipher and adhere to existing IP styles
- Excellent sensitivity and understanding of game narrative
- Able to ideate and empathise with player personas
- Able to propose art styles that suit the game narrative and design, stretch the technology and appeal to the target audience
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles
- Keeps up to date with visual trends in entertainment - able to reference popular and obscure cultural IP...not just games
- Industry experience at multiple game/entertainment studios
- Experience building teams an advantage
- Experience with outsourced art and external contract support
- Experience on a successful free-to-play mobile game
You will have:
Desirable skills / experience:
A buzzing central London studio, great work / life balance and competitive salary. To be considered, please forward CV’s in .doc or .docx format with portfolio links to firstname.lastname@example.org citing Ref 1015 today.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency who value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Big Planet is a GDPR compliant agency.