New Vacancy - Houdini Technical Artist - AAA - London, UK Ref 516
Our client is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and all about crafting engaging AAA multiplayer experiences. With over 300 awards and nominations world-wide.
By setting great examples and helping to mentor more junior developers, you will lead the team in planning and implementing solutions to support all aspects of game development.
You will maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines on the project, and work with other Technical Artists in the studio to improve general development practises.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience of pushing the technical limits and ensuring the Art team can work efficiently and comfortably.
What will you do?
- Making of in-house tools using Max, Houdini, substance...
- Supporting Art and Tech teams as and when needed.
- Fixing hold-ups in production and pipeline.
- Improving and researching best content and production practices.
- Responsible for Technical Art docs.
- Acting as intermediary between Art and Engine programming teams on a daily basis to facilitate production needs.
- Reviewing scenes and addressing issues with relevant stake-holders.
- 2+ years of experience as a mid/senior Technical Artist on shipped titles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Passion for games and game development
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4 Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
What experience do you have?
Benefits This studio offers medical and dental care, a great annual bonus scheme, holiday rewards and a state-of-the-art office.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, or you would like to discuss your options, please provide me with a copy of your latest CV in .doc or .docx format, a suitable phone number / Skype ID, along with a convenient date and time to call to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 516.